Support Us

If you would like to support the work of Raising Literacy Australia there are a number of ways you can help.

Make a Donation

We have established the Raising Literacy Public Fund, to allow us to provide more books and resources to vulnerable Australian children and families.


With your help, we can use the power of stories and reading to change the future for some of Australia‚Äôs most at-risk children. 


All gifts over $2.00 are tax deductible and will make a difference to Australian children and families. Raising Literacy Australia is a registered charity with the Australian Charities an Not-for-profits commission. 


Read more and donate



Become a Volunteer

Each year in November the Little Big Book Club packs and distributes 63,000 reading packs to families in SA that have a baby, toddler and preschooler. We do this with tthe help of a 500+ volunteer workforce who come together for a week of hard work but also lots of fun! 

We are now taking expressions of interest from anyone living in SA that would like to help us pack books and resources in 2017.

fiona [dot] bowden [at] raisingliteracy [dot] org [dot] au (Register your interest)




Host a Fundraising Event

Host your own Little Big Book Swap event and raise funds to support our programs for SA families.
Getting involved is easy - simply download an event kit, invite a group of guests to attend and ask each of them to bring a pre-loved book and a gold coin donation. Have fun swapping books and stories all for a good cause.

Read more


Leave a Bequest

Raising Literacy Australia is committed to a future where young children are read to every day and given the best possible chance to realise their full potential.  A legacy gift, no matter how big or small, will ensure that RLA has the ongoing capacity to deliver and grow our literacy programs and support the next generation of children in their path to social inclusion and lifelong learning. If you are thinking about leaving a bequest, it is important to talk about it with your family and seek some legal advice from your lawyer/solicitor.

Read more