Vision and Mission
Enriching Australian lives and building communities through literacy.
Build sustainable, high quality and accessible programs which educate and encourage individuals, families and the broader community. The outcome is to support effective change in practices enabling Australians to achieve lifelong learning, improved life chances and the ability to participate in society.
We aim to:
- Encourage reading for all,
- Build awareness of the importance of reading to young children from birth,
- Support family engagement through activities such as regular reading, playing, singing and talking,
- Develop children’s literacy and numeracy skills prior to entering formal education,
- Improve government, corporate, community and early childhood sector’s understanding of early childhood development through education and training and
- Foster a lifelong appreciation of books and reading.