Toddler Reading Pack
From 21 November 2016, families living in South Australia with a child aged 18 months+ are eligible to collect a FREE Toddler Reading Pack. The pack is designed to encourage parents to read, play, talk and sing with their toddler every day to support their emerging literacy and numeracy skills.
Supporting services across SA have been provided with the Toddler Reading Pack to give to families. Click on the links below to find your nearest service:
- Çhild and Family Health Service (CaFHS) clinics statewide
- Department for Education and Child Development (DECD) Children's Centres
- DECD playgroups
- DECD playcentres
- DECD Learning Together program
- Catholic Education playgroups
- Selected preschools with toddler playgroups
- Selected outreach services
The 2017 Toddler Reading Pack includes:
- My First Coloured Shapes - toddlers will love this simple but appealing board book full of recognisable colours and shapes.
- Let's Go Visiting - a classic picture book featuring an array of endearing farmyard animals the whole family will enjoy.
- Sleepy Bears - a gorgeous picture book perfect for sharing at bed time.
- Grug Goes to the Beach - a picture book about Australia's favourite bush character Grug, and his trip to the beach.
- Play: Ideas for every day - an activity book featuring over 20 play based activities that cover numeracy concepts such as colours, sorting, measuring, sequencing, prediction and estimation.
- Books for Toddlers booklet - a fantastic brochure featuring over a hundred quality picture book recommendations for toddlers
We hope you enjoy this wonderful collection of books and resources and the joy of sharing stories, rhymes, play and songs with your toddler every day.