Preschool Reading Pack
From 21 November 2016, families living in South Australia with a preschool aged child will receive a FREE Preschool Reading Pack. The packs have been designed to promote school readiness and include engaging activities for children and parents to explore together and new stories to share.
Government preschools and kindergartens as well as participating Catholic and non-government preschools will distribute the Preschool Reading Pack to children at their transition visit. Click on the links below to find your local preschool:
- Department for Education and Child Development (DECD) Government Preschools/Kindergartens
- DECD Children's Centres
- Participating Catholic Preschools
- Partcipating Community and Non-Government Preschools
The 2017 Preschool Reading Pack includes:
- Your Family's Favourite Cookbook - features 45 family friendly recipes based on the five food groups recommended for good health.
- What will I have for... - a set of 5 mini picture books offering preschoolers the opportunity to learn about food by illustrating a whole day of possible meal choices (breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner).
- Little Chicken Chickabee - a delightful new picture book written by Janeen Brian and illustrated by Danny Snell. The book focuses on differences, perseverance, problem solving and friendship.
- Fancy Pants - a new fun picture book written by emerging author Kelly Hibbert and illustrated by Amanda Graham. A heart-warming story about friendship and resilience, perfect to share with children of all ages.
- Grug Learns to Cook - everyone's favourite Australian bush character is back, and this time he is cooking up a storm!
- ABC every day - an activity book with a focus on the alphabet. The book is full of tips and activities suitable to try with preschool aged children.
- Books for Preschoolers - a fantastic booklet featuring over a hundred quality picture book recommendations for preschoolers.
We hope you enjoy this wonderful collection of books and resources and the joy of sharing stories, rhymes, play and songs with your preschooler every day.