Baby Reading Pack
From 21 November 2016, all South Australian families with a new baby are eligible to receive a FREE Baby Reading Pack. The packs promote positive parent and child engagement right from the start and encourages parents to establish a home library for their baby to support their child's development.
The reading packs will be given to parents at Child and Family Health Service (CaFHS) universal home visit, however if parents do miss out for any reason, they can collect a pack from their local CaFHS clinic.
Selected hospitals with neonatal facilities including the Women's and Children's Hospital Special Baby Care Unit, Flinders Medial Centre Neonatal Unit and the Lyell McEwin Hospital Mothercarer program will provide the baby reading pack to families with a premature baby.
The 2017 Baby Reading Pack includes:
- My Every day shapes - a black and white board book with high contrast shapes, perfect for supporting healthy vision development in newborns.
- Baby Dance - a delightful rhythm and rhyme story about the joy of movement and play time. A perfect board book for families to share with their little ones.
- We're Going on a Bear Hunt - a classic story that all of the family will enjoy
- Nursery Rhymes for Every day - a fun book of childhood nursery rhymes and an accompanying nursery rhyme CD
- Baby's First Years booklet - a fantastic resource for new parents inclduing some of the key miletones baby's reach in their first few years of life.
- Books for Babies booklet - contains hundreds of quality picture and board book recommendations for children aged 0-2 years.
We hope you enjoy this wonderful collection of books and resources and the joy of sharing stories, rhymes, play and songs with your children every day.